PayPal Set-up Instructions
First, you must have a free business PayPal account setup with PayPal. You only need to have the "Standard" version (PayPal Payments Standard). If you already have an account then you are part way there.
If you don't have a PayPal account, it can be setup in minutes from the PayPal web site. You must also go through the PayPal verification process which links PayPal to your bank account and will not only help to lower your credit card rate, but it will easily allow you to transfer money from PayPal to your bank account.
Once you’ve successfully created a PayPal account and gone through the PayPal verification, you must follow these instructions to grant CaterShark permissions to send One-Click Email Invoices through PayPal on your behalf as well as allow you to Charge Payments directly through your CaterShark catering portal. If you are only using the CaterShark Online Ordering module for restaurants and pick-up/drop-off caterers, you can SKIP this page as it doesn't apply to you. However, if you are allowing your customers login access to your CaterShark portal and want to allow them to pre-authorize charges for actual catering events or even generate one-click payment invoices to your catering customers, please follow these steps to grant permissions to CaterShark to pass payment information on your behalf:
1. Login to your PayPal Business account and from the main My Account tab, hover over the sub-menu “Profile” item, and click on More Options.
2. Next, on the left-hand menu, click on My Selling Tools. Then, in the main window, click on the Update link next to “API access”.
3. Next, click on Grant API permissions.
4. Enter billing_api1.advancedchef.com in the Username textbox and click on the Lookup button.
5. Next, you must select two checkboxes so that AdvancedChef can issue Pre-Approved payments from your catering customers and then later issue the charge on these payments after the catering event has occurred. Also, you must grant permissions to AdvancedChef to send One-Click email invoices on your behalf. To do this, select “Obtain authorization for pre-approved payments and initiate pre-approved transactions.” and “Manageyour invoicing through a third party.” Then, click the Add button at the bottom of the page.
6. Lastly, you must login to your CaterShark catering software portal and go to Site Setup --> Manage My Sites. Select the Default site or whatever site you are configuring for your catering business. Then, click on the Enable Payments tab and enter YOUR PayPal username (email address) and click the Save button (this is the email address that is associated with your PayPal account and that you use when you login to PayPal)